IMPORTANT SPARK IN THE PARK UPDATES
2020 has been a doozy of a year! From school closures to reduced shopping and dining capacities, we know everyone is getting a little restless. That is why we’re excited to move forward with one of our favorite annual events - Spark in the Park! However, we do recognize that COVID-19 cases have recently increased in our area. The health and safety of our community is absolutely a priority. That is why we have implemented new safety regulations for this year’s event. We can still have fun celebrating Independence Day in a big way! We appreciate your understanding and support through these times, and it is our sincere hope that Weatherford will set an example for safety during a larger event! Please know that these decisions were not taken lightly, and the following regulations are intended to keep you and your family safe at this event. We’ll see you at Heritage Park!
THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES MUST STRICTLY ADHERED TO. NONCOMPLIANCE WILL RESULT IN BEING ASKED TO LEAVE THE GROUNDS.
- The Amphitheater capacity will be reduced to 50%.
- Masks will be required upon entry to the Amphitheater area for ages 2+. The policy is “No Mask, No Entry, No Exceptions.” Masks are required anytime you are moving about the event or in common areas (food park/restrooms/visiting sponsor tents). It is not required to wear your mask while you are sitting in your group’s area on the lawn.
- Spaces will be pre-marked on the lawn to accommodate groups of 10 or less. Please stay 6 feet from other guests are not with your group. Once your group has chosen a space, please stay in that area as much as possible. Kids are also required to stay in this area and will not be able to participate in activities outside of that area (like throwing a football around with friends). You are not required to wear a mask when in your group’s space.
- No balls, frisbees, etc. will be allowed.
- PARENTS: We realize the guidelines are not exactly kid-friendly this year (we are sorry!). To have a safe event, children need to be with you or in your marked space at all times. Staff will ask the whole group to leave if any member of your party is engaging in activities outside of your space.
- Staff will closely monitor the bathrooms and clean often.
- Hand-washing stations and sanitizing station will be provided.
- Food vendors will be spread throughout the event grounds. Please allow 6 feet between you and other customers in line. Waiting lines will be marked on the ground.
- Not ready to go out in public yet? That’s okay, we have you covered! You can have your own “drive-in fireworks show” in one of the Heritage Park parking lots or another great viewing location like Weatherford College! The fireworks can be viewed from several miles away. Tune into Chuck FM (102.5/88.5) for the choreographed fireworks show soundtrack. Fireworks start at approximately 9:30 pm –9:45 (depending on darkness).
- The safety of our citizens and businesses is our top priority. By insisting on these precautions, we feel that people can safely and responsibly enjoy this 4th of July event.
We hope you’ll join us on July 4th at Heritage Park! We’ll celebrate Independence Day with a concert and a fireworks show that will blow you away!
This year we have Giovannie and the Hired Guns performing from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm and then headliner Jack Ingram performing from 7:45 pm to 9:15 pm. Then, it’s time for the BIGGEST and BEST fireworks show that we’ve ever had! (Spoiler alert: you’re definitely going to want to stay for the grand finale!)
The event grounds open at 5:30 pm for parking.
Sandy V’s Teas ‘N Things
Tacos to Die For